Sunday, May 17, 2009

Mother's Day

I remember that one of my mom's favorite flowers was the Peony flower.  Usually the season for this gorgeous flower is very short so I was really happy to find it for her Mother's Day.  I hope she is smiling somewhere.  In Chinese culture, the Peony represents "wealth" but my mom only loved it for its bloom and subtle fragrance.  Dickson & Bob, I hope you like the choice I had for Mom. 
Mother's Day is never easy for me.  Occasionally, it's even harder to handle than her birthday.  I see people celebrate this day with their moms, but I can only miss her badly.  She was my thesaurus when it came to bringing up my kids and lots of other things, but I had to  listen much harder for her voice for any advice during  the past 7 years.  Love you and miss you very much, Mom.

No comments: